The Cystic Fibrosis Center of Chicago: Pioneering CF Care for Individuals of All Ages
The Cystic Fibrosis Center of Chicago is the Midwest’s premiere center for CF care in a private practice setting. Since 2002, we have been pioneering care for children and adults with CF. Although multiple cystic fibrosis care centers in the Chicagoland area exist, we are the only independent CF care center in Chicago.
Despite good intentions, hospital clinics and hospital-based programs lack individualized care. At the Cystic Fibrosis Center of Chicago, Dr. Steven Boas has developed and implemented a patient-centered medical home treatment model for CF. Dr. Boas oversees and supervises the care of each and every patient, emphasizing outcome-driven care. He and his clinical team offer evening and weekend hours and are available 24 hours, 7 days a week for any medical concerns.
The Benefits of Private Practice Care
- We provide individualized care instead of using a “cookie cutter” or “cookbook” approach to medicine. No two patients are treated alike.
- Dr. Boas supervises the care of each and every patient. The physician-patient relationship is strictly maintained in all circumstances.
- We have flexible hours. We accommodate your schedule instead of vice versa.
- Dr. Boas is always accessible by phone for medical emergencies. At such critical times, you won’t have to talk to a physician you have never seen before and who is unfamiliar with your condition.
- We have multiple convenient locations (Glenview, Hoffman Estates, Lake Bluff, and Naperville) with parking within a few feet of our door.
- Dr. Boas maintains direct control of your care if hospitalization is required. Dr. Boas conducts ongoing hospital visits and will not allow residents to become your defacto physician.
Access to Multiple Specialists
The Cystic Fibrosis Center of Chicago offers groundbreaking treatment options and complete healthcare solutions to optimize the health of patients diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. Our staff features multiple accredited and/or certified specialists to address every related aspect of CF care. This includes:
- Respiratory Therapists
- Exercise Physiologists
- Clinical Psychologists
- Athletic Trainers
- Physical Therapists
- Social Workers
Diagnostic Testing for CF
The Cystic Fibrosis Center of Chicago features a full array of state-of-the-art CF and pediatric physiology diagnostic testing. Several tests we offer are not available elsewhere in the Chicago area and are indicative of the technical expertise of our staff. Our accredited technicians have undergone extensive training in all procedures.
Testing is administered under rigid procedures set up by Dr. Steven Boas and subject to his ongoing quality control. All diagnostic tests are reviewed and personally interpreted by Dr. Boas – they are not sent to an outside lab for interpretation. Likewise, all laboratory diagnostic testing is done in our office; patients are not sent to an outside lab where quality control protocols may not be up to our nationally accredited standards.
Diagnostic testing is a critical element in the treatment process. It allows for an ongoing assessment of medications and other treatment modalities and may point to the need for modifications. It also provides an invaluable measure of the success of treatment while also monitoring for the potential development of new and/or concurrent conditions.
Diagnostic procedures we offer include:
- Impulse Oscillometry
- Lung Volume Assessment
- Pulmonary Stress Testing
- Diffusion Capacity
- Exercise Laryngoscopy
- Bronchodilator Assessment
- Methacholine Provocation
- Exercise Provocation
- Body Fat Assessment
- Respiratory Muscle Assessment
To learn more about diagnostic testing and our innovative cystic fibrosis treatment options, contact us at (847) 998-3434.